Professional Development offers students an opportunity to delve into both practical and exploratory ground in their artistic endeavors. Concentrating on the serious and pragmatic path to becoming a professional practicing artist, areas are addressed that may not arise in other classes. This can provide career-building opportunities, such as guiding students in producing their first portfolio, as well as a marketed group exhibition to assist more seasoned artists in successfully navigating the contemporary art world.
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities:
1. One on One Studio Visit: Spring/Summer 2023
2. Portfolio Development: Spring 2023 Session information HERE.
3. Faculty Consultations
Personal Critiques offer any TSA student, high school or post-secondary arts student and practicing artists at any career level, an opportunity to meet with a professional artist from the TSA Faculty for a consultation, evaluation, or critique of their art work.
The consultation can provide constructive feedback or direction for developing work or applying for a post-secondary art program. Individuals can select a specific TSA Faculty member to review their work if they wish, or, TSA will provide recommendations based on student interest and need.
A one-hour session includes advice and direction in areas such as building one’s artistic skills, identifying strengths, exploring new mediums, or navigating the art scene. Critiques are available in painting, drawing, sculpture, collage, installation, printmaking, photography, digital, film/video, new media, community and performance art.
Current TSA Student*
- Student rates apply to those who have taken a class in the past 4 terms.
- Consultation must be purchased before meeting.
- Students will meet Instructor at TSA, at agreed upon date & time.
- Consultations are in one hour increments only (i.e. no quarter or half hour increments).
- Promotional Discounts cannot be applied.
- Consultation Cards are non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash and must be used within one year of purchase.
Consultation Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be more than 2 business days (48 hours) prior to the booked session date. A $40 cancellation fee will be charged. No refunds if cancellation is requested after this period.
Join our Mailing List (at the bottom of the page) for the latest news on Courses and discounts available!