Working directly from the model, students will learn the fundamentals of portrait painting, with the goal of achieving strong likeness and evoking the expression and character of the sitter. Technical focus will be on anatomy, proportion, value, colour, shape, form and edges. Students will work to complete two portraits and acquire the skills to create accurate and expressive portraits.
12 Weeks: Base Tuition: $495 + Model Fee: $103 = Total: $598
6 Weeks: Base Tuition: $305 + Model Fee: $50 = Total: $355
10 Weeks: Base Tuition: $422 + Model Fee: $90 = Total: $512
|Code||Instructor||Dates & Time||Days||Length||Register|
|892||Matt Tarini||April 16, 2020 to June 18, 2020|
TERM - Spring 2020
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Please keep your receipts to all purchases in case you need to return any materials.
For day 1 we will be talking about materials and supports so you can wait to buy these until day 2.
* I would recommend 37 ml tubes, artist quality oil paints (or the best you can afford) from the following brands: Winsor and Newton, Gamblin, Natural Pigments, Old Holland, Williamsburg.
* In acrylics, my favourite brand is Professional Acrylics by Winsor and Newton.
* This is my palette, but more colours in oil or acrylic welcome!
* For day 1 we will be talking about materials and supports so you can wait to buy these until day 2.
* I use a variety of soft round and long flat brushes that are both natural hair and synthetic. Please feel free to bring a wide variety of bristle and soft brushes that you have or that you like to use – many different brushes can accomplish the same task.