This introductory-level ONLINE course focuses on teaching students the fundamentals of video editing with the Adobe Premiere Pro software. Through tutorials and projects using sample footage, students will learn everything they need to know to edit together and exhibit their own video projects. All aspects of Premiere Pro will be thoroughly explored, students will learn how to import and capture footage, cut it together, add effects and transitions, colour grade, add and mix audio, add titles, and export their projects in various formats for web hosting, social media or offline exhibition.
Note: Basic knowledge and comfort working with computers is required. Students will need to have access to a computer with Adobe Premiere Pro installed for the duration of this course. This software costs 20.99 USD per month https://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud/plans.html
Winter 2021: 6 weeks: $275
This course will be offered via ZOOM. Prior to the course session, you will receive an invitation for the session(s) via email. You'll need a laptop, desktop or tablet, internet connection with good bandwidth and headset (either wired or wireless). We recommend that you set up a free ZOOM account and be familiar with ZOOM prior to the class beginning. Here is a link to help you get started. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697Notes: Tobias Williams is a Toronto based visual artist and Educator working in printmaking and digital media. His multidisciplinary art practice is concerned with exploring the relationship between society and technology. He graduated with an MFA from York University in 2013. He currently works as faculty at OCAD University, Humber College and TSA in Toronto. He has exhibited in group and solo shows both locally in Toronto and internationally. Recent exhibitions and events include “no name city” at the Art Gallery of Ontario, “Bad Geometry” at Project Gallery studios in Toronto, “Unkempt” a group exhibition which took place at MAW Guru located in lower Manhattan, and “Super Nova” a public screening series which took place in Denver. Tobias has received several awards and grants including a TAC Artists grant in 2014, an OAC artists grant in 2013 and the Don Phillips Scholarship at Open Studio in 2009.
|Code||Instructor||Dates & Time||Days||Length||Register|
|033||Tobias Williams||Feb. 23, 2021 to March 30, 2021|
TERM - ONLINE Winter 2021
6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
This class covers:
- Navigating the interface and project file structure of Premiere Pro
- Exploring core concepts of video production such as frame rates, aspect ratio, file formats, etc.
- Slow motion, video stabilisation, time ramping and other effects
- How to use chroma keying and mattes for green screen footage and other compositing applications
- Importing footage to edit from a variety of sources (self-shot video, stock footage, professional studio quality footage, etc.)
- Best practices for exporting projects for social media, film, broadcast, online hosting and mobile
- Applying dynamic transitions and fades to your edits
- How to add animated dynamic text effects and graphics to videos
- Using and animating still images
- Cutting and mixing audio, adding music and sound effects, working with dialogue
Students will need to have access to a computer with Adobe Premiere Pro installed for the duration of this course. This software costs 20.99 USD per month https://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud/plans.html