In this 5-Day workshop ONLINE course, students will look to a variety of historic styles and contemporary approaches to landscape painting in order to establish their artistic voice. Students will work from a photo reference and explore the fundamentals of landscape painting including composition, perspective, colour mixing and paint application to achieve transitions, contrast and sense of depth.
5 Day Workshop (2PM-4:30PM: Dates below): Tuition: $215
TSA will deliver this course using ZOOM. Prior to the course session, you will receive an invitation for the session(s) via email. You'll need a laptop, desktop or tablet, internet connection with good bandwidth and headset (either wired or wireless). We recommend that you set up a free ZOOM account and be familiar with ZOOM prior to the class beginning. Here is a link to help you get started: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697Notes: Instructor Matthew Tarini is an oil painter who’s subject matter consists of cityscapes, still life, landscapes and figurative work. His paintings are inspired by the beauty he sees around him, whether it is an enigmatic expression on a face, a van illuminated by a street light at night or a bouquet of peonies in the summer. Matt has been an instructor at Western University and the University of Alberta and has taught workshops across the country. He has done private and public commissions, including portraits for University of Toronto and Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives. He has appeared on the television show, Star Portraits and has done both solo and numerous group shows across Canada, including a show at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Calgary. His work is in collections throughout Canada and internationally. Matthew Tarini's Website http://www.matthewtarini.com/
Matthew Tarini's Website http://www.matthewtarini.com/
Materials will be discussed the first day of class.
Please keep all purchase receipts in case you need to return materials.
Recommended Materials for Landscape Painting
* I would recommend 37 ml tubes, artist quality oil paints from the following brands: Winsor and Newton, Gamblin, Natural Pigments, Old Holland and Williamsburg.
* In acrylics, my favourite brand is Professional Acrylics by Winsor and Newton, but Liquatex or Golden will do well also.
* This is my palette, but more colours (or fewer) in oil or acrylic are welcome!
* For day 1, please have your sketchbook and later we can discuss future projects and supports at that point.
* I use a variety of soft round and long flat brushes that are both natural hair and synthetic. Please feel free to bring a wide variety of bristle and soft brushes that you have or that you like to use – many different brushes can accomplish the same task. Below are good starter kits.