This course will focus on the use of GOLDEN or TRI-ART Fluid Acrylics to achieve stained, poured and flowing effects. We will incorporate the use of a variety of substrates such as Absorbent Ground, Light Molding Paste, and Fibre Paste. We will also utilize some of the many exciting contemporary compositional strategies available to the Fluid Acrylic artist seeking to update their working habits. This course will include instructor demonstrations, student investigations and scheduled group discussions.
Tuition: $475 | Materials fee: $60
|Code||Instructor||Dates & Time||Days||Length||Register|
|853||Tina Poplawski||April 16, 2019 to June 18, 2019|
TERM - Spring 2019
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
• x6 Sheets of 140lb. Cold Press (CP) Winsor & Newton Watercolour Paper.
• Suggested Sketchbook: Aquabe Superdeluxe 808 at Toose Art Supplies OR Canson Montval All Media. (Available at Loomis & Toles. If purchasing another brand make sure the paper is a 90 lb.
BASIC WATERCOLOURS: (Da Vinci Brand or Holbein) (If you have other colours please bring to class)
Colours in BOLD are an acceptable reduced palette.
• Ultramarine Blue
• Phthalo Blue
• Cerulean Blue (Hue) or Genuine
• Indian Yellow
• Hansa Yellow Light
• Raw Sienna
• Quinacridone Red
• Vermilion (Hue)
• Viridian Green
• Burnt Sienna
• Burnt Umber
• Ivory Black
• Naples Yellow
• Benzimida Orange
• Sap Green
• Quinacridone Violet
• Ultramarine Violet
BASIC GOUACHE (Winsor & Newton):
• Permanent White 37 ml.
• Ivory (or Other Black) 14 ml.
• Primary Blue
• Primary Yellow
• Primary Red
• Knib Holder: KohINoor #127N (or other brand) • Pen Knibs (Medium Size)
BRUSHES: (If you have other water colour brushes bring them to the first class)
•Hake 1”, 2”, 3” • Round #1 & #12 (Brand: LoewCornell 7020)
• Rigger #4 • Small Bristle Filbert #1 for lifting paint. This is an Acrylic Brush.
• Heritage Paint Palette – 18 or 24 wells
• Cellulose Sponge x2
• Masking Tape
• Pencil B • White Gum Erasure
• The Master Brush Cleaner & Preserver
• Pebeo Masking Fluid (it is soft grey in the bottle)
• Winsor & Newton Aquapasto
• Sanford Tuff Stuff Erasure Stick
Save all receipts & packaging, just in case.